jenn

Murder by Death

March reading summary

Raising Demons - Shirley Jackson Manners & Mutiny - Gail Carriger The Counterfeit Heiress - Tasha Alexander The Quiet Gentleman - Georgette Heyer Lydia Cassatt Reading the Morning Paper - Harriet Scott Chessman

At the beginning of this month, I decided to try an experiment, in an effort to read a greater variety of the books in my TBR stack and stop the neglect.  I sorted the books by genre/subject (more or less) and chose one from each stack as a March pile.  Those stared at me from the coffee table until they got read (or swapped for a different book in the same category).  I was only slightly optimistic that this would work.

Results were better than I expected, honestly.  Of the 9 books in the stack only 2 got completely blown off: Thirteen Guests - J. Jefferson Farjeon and A Whisker of Trouble - Sofie Ryan.  I think I had too much historical stuff in the pile by the time I got to Thirteen Guests and I just wasn't in a cozy mood this month, so A Whisker of Trouble got neglected.

I'm still currently reading Parisians: An Adventure History of Paris - Graham Robb (it's a brick) and The Etymologicon - Mark Forsyth because it's not meant to be read easily; it's one of those you pick up and put down a lot.

In addition to the pile, I read the following books this month:

Up in Seth's Room - Norma Fox Mazer  The Masquerading Magician - Gigi Pandian  The Battle of the Books and other short pieces - Jonathan Swift,Henry Morley  Fire Touched - Patricia Briggs  Marked In Flesh - Anne Bishop  The Language of Bees - Laurie R. King,Jenny Sterlin  The Tale of the Dueling Neurosurgeons: And Other True Stories of Trauma, Madness, Affliction, and Recovery That Reveal the Surprising History of the Human Brain - Sam Kean  Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels) - Ilona Andrews  Nelson Mandela's Favorite African Folktales - Desmond Tutu,Nelson Mandela,Alan Rickman,Whoopi Goldberg  The Little Bookstore of Big Stone Gap: A Memoir of Friendship, Community, and the Uncommon Pleasure of a Good Book - Wendy Welch  Practical Sins for Cold Climates - Shelly Costa  Midnight Marked: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel - Chloe Neill

I DNF'd one book:

Guilty as Cinnamon - Leslie Ann Budewitz

So total books read this month was 18, with 2 still on the Currently Reading pile.  I feel good enough with this experiment to do it again in April, although I really want to finish the two I have on the go now before I get hopelessly behind.

Happy reading!