jenn

Murder by Death

Top Ten Tuesday - A Reader's Wishes

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

October 20: 10 Wishes I'd Ask The Book Genie To Grant Me (a new book from a certain author,  a reading superpower, a library that is your absolutely #librarygoals, a character to come to life, to met a certain author etc. etc.) YOU DREAM IT AND THE BOOKISH GENIE CAN DO IT.

Dear bookish genie:

1.  Every public library's budget be increased by a factor of 5 immediately and increased 20% every year thereafter.

2.  A magically expanding library in my home with floor-to-celiling bookshelves, a fireplace and the perfect chair.

3.  Someone who will dust the library.

4.  I would like a device that will allow me to step out of time while I'm reading, allowing me to read all I want but still have time for all those pesky things, like real life.

5.  The discretionary budget needed to travel around the world to visit all the beautiful, quirky bookshops and libraries out there and buy whatever books strike my fancy.

6.  An unlimited baggage allowance with all the airlines of the world so I can get the books home.

7.  An unlimited budget (or just a massive one) to start and run my own bookshop.

8.  That anyone who ever thinks of burning a book as a form on censorship or control over another person is instantly crippled with a migraine - every single time.

9.  To have all my childhood books brought back to me.

10.  Please genie, may I never lose my eyesight or my ability to read and understand the written word.