jenn

Murder by Death

Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)

Magic Rises - Ilona Andrews

These books are going to kill me.  Part of my personal reality is a need to take sleeping pills at night and the ones I take pretty much never fail to knock me out as intended.

Unless I'm reading certain books; like a Kate Daniels book.  I get so lost in the stories and the action my system completely ignores the power of the meds and I suddenly look up and it's midnight and I'm wide awake.  I've had to start keeping a boring soothing book by the bed so I can pick it up and wind down far enough for the drugs to do their thing.

I had to do this last night.  I started Magic Rises on Saturday with the intention of finishing it well before Sunday night.  But MT and I just had a handful of things framed and in the process of deciding where they should be hung, got hit with the spring cleaning bug (Dr. Bronner's FOREVER!) so I didn't get nearly as much reading done as I'd intended and there was no way once I picked up Magic Breaks I was going to put it back down unfinished.

I can't believe Hugh survived.  I can't believe Aunt B didn't.  I was certain it was going to be Eduardo.

(show spoiler)

This was a great book.  I have the next one sitting on my desk, but I'm going to try to make it until Friday before starting it - maybe Thursday.