jenn

Murder by Death

Online booksellers: Pass/Fail

I posted last month about a 10% off special wordery.com was running (which I thoroughly wore out).  I mentioned I'd had good luck with them so far, but hadn't been buying from them long.

Yesterday I realised two books were shipped out at the beginning of January that I never received, putting me in a position to find out how good their customer service is.  I sent them an email last night explaining and woke up this morning to an incredibly lovely email saying We're Sorry, and Yes, you should have received those by now - would you like two new copies sent out, or a refund?

So, I'm sold.  I can say, in my experience their customer service is excellent and I'm sticking with them until the wheels fall off.  Or Amazon buys them.  Whichever comes first.

On the flip side, I ordered a book from Australian site Bookfari.com.  During the checkout process I got an error message from PayPal saying the order might not have gone through.  Checking PayPal, the money was sent, but checking Bookfari, the order wasn't there and the book was still in my cart.  I sent them a customer service email, which they took several days to respond to and then it was only to say "we're looking into it and we'll get back to you soon" and then I never heard from them again.  Except I got a "please rate your recent experience with our customer service" email - which I responded to and never heard back.  So now I've sic'd PayPal on them.

So:

Wordery.com - Pass with honours

Bookfari.com - Fail, fail, fail.

YMMV, but I thought I'd pass these recent experiences along as I know I'm not the only one often at the mercy of online buying and international shipping.