I read cozy and historical mysteries, a bit of Paranormal/UF, and to mix it up, I read science and gardening books on occasion.
I just made a comment on another post that I expect someday I'll climb into a book and never come out again. It got my brain going (plus I'm stuck on the couch with a taped up back. I'm bored.)
If you could climb into any book/series and stay there, which one would it be? Not which character would you become, but which story world would you join (as yourself) if you could?
I'm certain I could come up with some very literary choices given enough time, but after discarding P&P (no indoor plumbing), the first one that popped into my head was the world of A Discovery of Witches. It ticks several boxes for me:
- none of the characters have to worry about money,
- all the creatures are equally good/evil (no caste system - all merit),
- the BOOKS!!! the History!! the Art!!
- magic and faith intertwined with science
- and, ok. a certain character named Gallowglass whom I have a crush on and was totally available at the end of the trilogy.
What book would you crawl into?